Pallet Coop Add-on...Almost Done (1-25-09)

Chix-in-GA

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Nashville, GA
With the recent growth of my flock...blamed on the close proximity of the Lake City Poultry Show...I am forced, yeah forced, to expand my coops to accomodate.

I decided, that with all the pallets available, I would use them to add on to my existing coop. So...Here are a few pics of the progress made today. It is just the beginning but here we go.

The structure so far is going to be the bottom of the coops. They will be raised off the ground and fenced in around the bottom to provide some shade during the warm days here in the south. The run will extend out the length of the run next to it.

I dunno...we will see how it comes together. I will post updatd pics as I go.
big_smile.png

The first pallets in place
18722_100_1111.jpg

My Daughter inspecting the progress!
18722_100_1112.jpg

Last edited:
ok...So I got to work on the coop some today. I have the siding almost done. I should have the coop done tomorrow.

Back with the pop doors cut out.
18722_100_1184.jpg

Side pic...I will have a nice window cut out here.
18722_100_1183.jpg

another side pic
18722_100_1182.jpg

front with the big opening for the swing doors.
18722_100_1181.jpg

a coop made out of pallets ???

I might have to copy your idea when we move and I can get as many chickens as I want.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
This work thing is really getting in the way of my coop building!
he.gif

Well here is the progress I was able to make this afternoon. Not much more but it is coming together.

Enjoy the pics.

added some more floor space. Had some of the 4X4 pieces left over from when I did my fence. Also collected some from construction sites in the area. Dumpster diving is cool!
lol.png

18722_100_1116.jpg

Still need to trim the OSB to fit. Lumber has come down some so I thought I would make a nice floor (OSB $5.25 per sheet)
18722_100_1117.jpg

Started fitting the wall pallets. I will cut pop doors out of these for the chickens to get into the run. I have been collecting siding scraps from residential construction sites in the area to finish the coops with. It is amazing how much stuff builders waste!
18722_100_1120.jpg

Just another angle.
18722_100_1119.jpg

Thanks for looking and I will update I get further along.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom