Pallet Coop Add-on...Almost Done (1-25-09)

You are doing such a great job! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!

One thing, I would think twice before using hay or straw as insulation as it can harbor pests and mice will nest in it.

We very rarely see freezing temps. The last weeek we had a few days but not much at all. I am loking into putting some insulation in the exterior walls. I appreciate the tips...I will not be using hay in the walls.

I will hopefully finish the coops this weekend and will post pics as I go. I will give a run down of what I have learned form working with pallets for anyone else to use.

Thanks everyone...your comments are greatly appreciated.
big_smile.png

ok...So I got to work on the coop some today. I have the siding almost done. I should have the coop done tomorrow.

Back with the pop doors cut out.
18722_100_1184.jpg

Side pic...I will have a nice window cut out here.
18722_100_1183.jpg

another side pic
18722_100_1182.jpg

front with the big opening for the swing doors.
18722_100_1181.jpg

Quote:
I think the technical name is grooved notty board siding. I was able to find some at the many construction sites in the area. Builders really waste a bunch of this stuff. Make sure to ask for permission before dumpster diving though.

I did have to buy a few sheets to have enough though...Its $17 a sheet. Not too bad considering the savings on everything else.

Thanks for looking...
big_smile.png

Is it going to have a flat roof?

Why so far off the ground?

Sorry didn't read the entire thread... questions have probably already been asked.

Very nice, TJ.

I'm gonna start following you around to find those secret construction sites!

Good job.

When you are ready to paint, I have a "Paint Crew" sprayer that holds 3-4 gallons at a time. It would paint the entire thing in about an hour.
Let me know if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom