Panicked!! Wrong duck air sac size!

Pics
What is your temp & humidity during incubation?
Could you candle & take a picture of what you're seeing?

You may want to update your profile with your location, helps knowing the time zone you're in and the weather conditions for those responding.

:bow @Texas Kiki @oldhenlikesdogs @Pyxis @WVduckchick @sylviethecochin :bow
Thank you in advance for your help ...

Tell us about your whole process so far. What kind of incubator, has temp/humidity been stable throughout? What settings did you use?

Do NOT poke any holes yet. If it’s just lockdown time, I assume they still have at least 3 days to go, so no holes yet.
If they are really too small, you can delay lockdown for a day or two. There are a couple other things, but tell us more first.

And :welcome

Well it’s a janoel 12 incubator. The air sac is about half the size it should be. The embryos have been growing properly. Humidity wasn’t fine. Today is lockdown day. It’s winter.

Well it’s a janoel 12 incubator. The air sac is about half the size it should be. The embryos have been growing properly. Humidity wasn’t fine. Today is lockdown day. It’s winter.

Those are usually decent incubators, I believe. So I have to assume that you may have used too much water throughout, and they didn't lose enough moisture.
Your best bet is to wait another day, or even 2 more days, before increasing humidity even further. Watch for drawdown or even internal pip, if you are around enough to monitor them closely. If not, I'd at least wait for drawdown.

A couple pics of what I mean by drawdown.
WP_20180330_21_26_50_Pro.jpg WP_20180508_08_06_31_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom