Panting duckling? Don't think he's hot...

Quote:
YAY!
wee.gif

They should also have drinking water that is deep enough to cover their entire bill at all times. This will keep their noses nice and clean! Glad to hear ducky is doing better
smile.png

Yeah, the waterer they had was getting a bit small since they've grown so fast. They could still get their bills in, but it was not deep enough. We switched to a two liter bottle with holes cut, and just as soon as they figure out how to drink from it, that should solve any depth problem.

Soon enough, they will be out in the duck yard with a pool as well.

Thank you!

aduckstolemyheart,

I found that the first six weeks, by the time I had a solution, three days later, they outgrew it! But getting them out where they can swim does a world of good all around.

Glad he's doing better.

So I'm having the same problem with my pekin but he spent plenty of time in the water today and always have a bowl of water to dunk and drink, but he keeps panting?

I just asked the same question in a new post as so so 143. My duck with the problem is also a pekin which seems to be the bread that most people seem to say has this problem. I have a kiddie pool and a deep water bowl for them all day. I can't imagine that he isn't getting his head dunked enough. I'd love to figure out why he does this and whether or not I should worry.

Back
Top Bottom