Pantry-palooza collection of my hybrids

Pics
Return to the Pantry-pahlooza theme

Zatarain’s Black beans & rice
Pork ~12-16oz previously cooked
2 Extra cans of beans
1 small can of green chilies
1 can of Collard greens
A little extra rice for soaking up the extra water from the cans of beans and greens

View attachment 3266395
Update to show the finished batch in the instapot:
8B053C86-B904-4D0B-94A8-A78115F36C1A.jpeg

Yeah. Another success story. The seasoning in the collard Greens is nearly identical to the other canned Green’s I have used in the recent past. The Kale greens was the best of these three flavored cans.

Loaded leftovers… 3rd times a charm? Kinda like goulash, reheat & reheat & reheat….

On bottom is the “pulled chicken” from a Kroger rotisserie chicken.
*forgot to document this yummy blend*
~1/2 (last 1/2 of this 8-10oz) yummy jar of a chowchow) + 10-12oz container of deli made pico + ~8-10oz of pace medium chunky picante salsa
Then the leftover curried rice and green beans
Sprinkled a dusting of black pepper on top.

744C9985-01D2-4960-BE1F-E5DB8F25FFC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Cookies!

My Mom’s Chocolate chip, oatmeal recipe received a serious tweaking.

Didn’t have brown sugar, oh well.. used regular sugar and poured an approximate 2.5-3tbsp of molasses & that’s Himalayan pink salt too in the ziplock bag cropped in the top of the pic.

Then, Added : extra eggs, craisins, crushed walnuts, flax seed meal, 20EB6952-35D0-4F06-B768-44FAE57D0485.jpeg pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice and extra cardamom, unsweetened coconut flakes.

The picture is showing the color with pumpkin as the last ingredient to add before it went into the fridge for the night (last night).

All sounds great, except the collard greens. Despite my country roots, I just never learned to love them.
Try this

Collard greens cooked down with tasso or pickled meat with salt pepper onion and garlic powder. Some Tony chacheres or your choice of cajun seasoning. Cooked down, down down then over a bed of rice topped with a couple boiled eggs on top. Man man man talk about excellent! It does leave you quite gaseous though but it's so worth it

Try this

Collard greens cooked down with tasso or pickled meat with salt pepper onion and garlic powder. Some Tony chacheres or your choice of cajun seasoning. Cooked down, down down then over a bed of rice topped with a couple boiled eggs on top. Man man man talk about excellent! It does leave you quite gaseous though but it's so worth it
You go first 🤣

Try this

I appreciate the recipe, but I'll stick to tacos.
Well, ya know, as much of a “cooking down” as he describes… that’s as close to “refried anything” as Cajun will have….

Heat up a few tortillas, ladle some of that warm mix into it, roll it up and eat it “soft taco style” or fold the ends in and it’s a Cajun burrito!

Back
Top Bottom