Papa's Poultry Review

Hatched some Light Sussex from him last week. Had 9 make to to lock down out of 12 sent (10 ordered). Six hatched. I lost the other 3 when the power went out while they were hatching - I was at work.

So I'm very happy with the hatch!

I have to write a review on papa's poultry as well. He is absolutely amazing! I had ordered 6 BCM eggs and he sent me 8 and ordered 4 EE eggs and he sent me 6. I had a 100% hatch on my BCM eggs! A 50% hatch on the EE's. Absolutely amazing and healthy. I live in MA and had them shipped all the way from him in California. I could not believe all of my BCM eggs hatched! Would recommend 110%!!

I'd be interested in the Legbar and Marans mostly.

Assuming that the birds aren't mistreated in their new homes, I would say that genetic stock has a very significant outcome in the final bird.

Genetic potential is a starting place, yes. I can't speak to either of those breeds, as I got Orpingtons. I'm very happy so far with those. He has pictures of most of his birds up on his site, so you can get a pretty good idea of physical type. Temperament, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom