Papillon thread :D

Snowygirl

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Mirkwood
Hey papillon people!!
i know that the papillon is kind of an unusual breed of dog......and i heard that they can be snippy
or not so fond of young kids, but i have the SWEETEST pap ever. and i wodered if anybody
else has papillons.....and i was also interested in showing, but i wasn't sure where to start.
and also if anyone has pics i'd love to see them!
smile.png

here's my darling, his name's pappi.

here's bella my golden and pappi my papillon (again
wink.png
)

I've had three...and love(d) each of them so much!

Thi is "Stuff" (Ch. The Right Stuff CGC) - he was my absolute joy!

...and this is Jasper (recue from a puppy mill in the midwest) -

Ans this is all three of them (the third one, down in front, is Cruizer

When I was little, I always wanted a tri-colored papillion named Maxine. They're so cute :)

My pap was a rescue....he's just over a year now. we'll have had him for
a year on 2/27/12. i love him so much!! btw, Kelly G. i totally love
the pics of your paps!! how old are they? my pap's fur isn't that thick...
and i was wondering if mine was defective....
wink.png

No, NO!! His coat's not defective! It might not be show quality, but if it keeps him warm and dry, then it's not defective! :)

Each of the three have very different coats - all functional...but I purchased Stuff from a breeder for the purpose of showing him, so his coat is the closest of the three to the breed standard.

They typically have their full coat by the age of 2-3 years old...and the males typically get more coat than the females. I also used ShowSheen (from my horses) after each bath so that I didn't break any hairs as I combed him out. It takes a bit of work to maintain a show coat, but I wouldnt worry about that for a pet :) You'll make yourself nuts!

I LOVE your Pap and that you rescued him!

I just got a retired show pap for my grandma. I wouldnt call paps snippy at all. Some are shy, but not snippy. At least none I have known. Here's a link that shows the one my grandma has - he is the third down on the right. He was called Danny, but that's my dad's name, so now he is Darby
http://playtyme.us/Papillons.html

No, NO!! His coat's not defective! It might not be show quality, but if it keeps him warm and dry, then it's not defective! :)

Each of the three have very different coats - all functional...but I purchased Stuff from a breeder for the purpose of showing him, so his coat is the closest of the three to the breed standard.

They typically have their full coat by the age of 2-3 years old...and the males typically get more coat than the females. I also used ShowSheen (from my horses) after each bath so that I didn't break any hairs as I combed him out. It takes a bit of work to maintain a show coat, but I wouldnt worry about that for a pet :) You'll make yourself nuts!

I LOVE your Pap and that you rescued him!

thanks so much!!!! i was a little worried about his coat.....i love your tri colored pap!!

Back
Top Bottom