Parakeet Eggs- BABIES ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
YYAAAYYYY!!!!!!!! Guess what everyone???!!! I'm a grandmother!!!!(kinda) Because I just found out some very exciting and happy news............. ONE OF THE PARAKEET EGGS HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
th.gif
th.gif
wee.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
big_smile.png

I called my dad and asked about them and he said that he saw a baby parakeet chick!
ya.gif
It was peeping loudly and moving around and it's so small!!!
love.gif
Toddra, the new mother, is taking great care of it; my dad only saw it for a moment and then she immediately rolled it under her feathers. And now I guess that kinda makes me a grandmother because Toddra is my pretty little parakeet, who has worked so hard and now her work has paid off!
smile.png
I'm so happy! And this is her first time; except for one time, when she tried hatching about 16 eggs at once. But they weren't fertile, because there wasn't any male. But now she is finally a mother!
wee.gif

Baby pictures will be coming soon, you can count on that!
lol.png
Going to dad's house this weekend and bringing camera with me. Be back on Sunday or Monday to post the pics!
wee.gif

Now we have to see how well of a mother Toddra is for the baby. She stayed on the eggs for weeks and barely ever got off, and now it's time to feed and care for the delicate little youngster. So we are making sure fresh food, water, and treats are available at all times!

We don't know if any other eggs will hatch(when I candled, I found that at least 3 had veins and movement), and there may be more than one right now. It's hard to tell with her sitting on them. But so far, one baby chick was seen, peeping away.
pop.gif

Updates well be posted later on!
We have never hatched out parakeets before, so this should be a great learning experience and it should be interesting!
smile.png

Thanks! I bet she/he is really adorable; but I don't know yet. All I know(by the way my dad described to me over the phone) is that she/he is small and mostly bald.
tongue.png

My husband is chasing 3 parakeets loose in the house right now my daughter let out
roll.png
LOL We have vaulted ceilings so it is hard....I am getting a laugh out of it.

My one hen won't lay any eggs. I was hoping.

Did you incubate these eggs? Or let her sit on them?

Send me some eggs when she starts laying!! I'll incubate 'em
tongue.png

CONGRATS GRANNY
wink.png

Can't wait for pics!

Quote:
She sat on them all by herself.
smile.png
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I would send you eggs if I could, but it's time for the new mother to take care of her baby(ies) and after that, she's going to take a break before laying any more eggs. It's a lot of work for her and it takes away a lot of calcium to lay those eggs.
th.gif

I can't wait to take pics and share them!
celebrate.gif

I am so happy for you!!!

Babies parakeet ARE so adorable and bald lol they also have big heads till they grow into them. Just wait till they can climb, then they go all over the cage and cry when they can't figure out how to get down or onto the perch.

Maybe there will be more hatched by the time you get to your dads.

No updates on baby(ies) yet. Hard to see the tiny youngster(s) with Toddra sitting on it/them(not sure if there's more than 1 yet)
fl.gif
Toddra's being a great mother so far, I think. She's so protective.
love.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom