PARAKEET EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Winter1, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Winter1

Winter1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    So my dad has a couple of parakeets who had a chick, one single chick. He was hatched around February and I was planing on taking him home this summer. But just a couple of hours ago the mother parakeet,Sky, attacked the chick , who I've named Neon, he has an injury on the side of his head and a small injury on his wing. We just got a seprate cage for him( we have him Ina temporary box with holes in it right now).

So 30 mins later...
    Now we have him in his cage and we are just going to leave him be for a couple minutes.(yes he has food and water) and he is upstairs in a room so it is warmer up there. We can't afford a vet right now, even though I really want to take him. Please help. I will do anything I can do to help him. If pictures are wanted, please just say so. Thanks so much in advance!

2. Winter1

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    Someone plz awnser. I love this little bird. He is so tame and sweet

3. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

I think pictures would help. I'm sorry for what happened, these little birds are so fragile.

4. Winter1

Nov 29, 2015
    Virgina, USA
    Actually now he's gotten better by himself. But here's a pic when the incident fires happened
    [​IMG]
    But he's healed much better than I expected since then!

1 person likes this.
  5. jak2002003

jak2002003 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    Glad he is better. Sorry I did not see your post earlier.

Birds wounds seem to heal up really fast and don't usually get infected if the bird is healthy and they wound is not huge or full of dirt and bacteria, such as from a cat bite.

Its very strange the mother parakeet attacked him. They are very social creatures. The only thing I could think of is she is starting to nest or breed again and trying to chase him away.

He is lovely colours. I wish Neon and you good luck together!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by