paralyzed chicken

Dotdot

Hatching
Jul 29, 2015
Had 4 1/2 month old Leghorn last week that had paralyzed legs and wings. Was eating but couldn't get up. After a week she didn't get any better and we put her down. Today I found another hen who has paralyzed wings and can only walk a few steps. Is still eating. Should we isolate her? Give her antibiotics? Don't know what to do!

I agree with the other response and would just like to add that it is very contagious so you definitely need to isolate her and treat this as soon as possible!!! :fl

Are you feeding fermented feed? I killed two of my chicken before figuring out it was the feed. One became partially paralyzed and the other appeared to have CRD. Both those symptoms can be caused by moldy feed.

I thought I was doing everything right with fermenting but I guess it's too hot here?

I stopped fermenting feed and have had no more issues with sick and dying chicken.

Just wanted to let you know that I took your advice and the vitamins worked miracles. My hen has recovered completely and my egg production has gone up significantly. Thanks so much for the info!!

I'm so glad she is doing better!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom