Parents

Brennen

Chirping
May 20, 2020
Do any of you know how to convince parents to let you get chickens? Im 13 and ive been tryin to convince my parents to let me get chickens for almost 4 years now. We have a coop, a feeder, and a waterer. I bargained all of those items from friends. The only thing im missing is the chickens, bedding, and feed. My parents refuse to let me get chickens because, its not the "right time". Ive been so patient the past few years, ive made several 4h projects on all the different breeds. I have come up with a plan, consisting of what breeds i'd like to get and how many chickens im able to get. I feel more prepared than ever. I feel as if I live and breathe chickens. Im very confused why my parents say it's not the "right time". And if its not ever tthe "right time" than why let me get so involved and interested into it. Sorry if my rant is to much for some of ya'll, just needed to vent, especially since most my age ain't into Agriculture.

It is wonderful to see young people passionate about animals and agriculture, and involved in 4-H! I assume you live in a place where chickens are allowed and where neighbors won't object? The first thing you might do is have a calm conversation with your parents and try to understand why they feel like it is not the right time for chickens. Perhaps finances are an issue? Perhaps work or other obligations make new projects seem daunting? Perhaps their objections can be addressed. If it truly is the wrong time, you are being wise to wait. You are involved and learning so much, and you will be an ideal chicken keeper--whether that is sooner or later. :)

Hi!!! I am pretty young too. I finally convinced my parents to let me get rabbits by giving them a lost of all the things they could b good for, and a plan for food ect, like @Pawsitivly said. Great job being patient, i understand needing to vent, and its completely understandable! Best of luck!!! Sorry i don't have more suggestions for you, just felt like posting.

Hi! What I would do is tell them all the pros about having chickens. You get fresh eggs, you’ll live a healthier life style, low maintenance, entertainment/companionship, etc.
Thats funny. I've actually made google slides on chickens and quails.

Hi!!! I am pretty young too. I finally convinced my parents to let me get rabbits by giving them a lost of all the things they could b good for, and a plan for food ect, like @Pawsitivly said. Great job being patient, i understand needing to vent, and its completely understandable! Best of luck!!! Sorry i don't have more suggestions for you, just felt like posting.
Thats pretty cool. I actually convince d my parents to let us get rabbits to show in 4h. I have a french Angora rabbit. Its pretty high maintenance, wouldnt recommend it if you aint got the time.

Do any of you know how to convince parents to let you get chickens? Im 13 and ive been tryin to convince my parents to let me get chickens for almost 4 years now. We have a coop, a feeder, and a waterer. I bargained all of those items from friends. The only thing im missing is the chickens, bedding, and feed. My parents refuse to let me get chickens because, its not the "right time". Ive been so patient the past few years, ive made several 4h projects on all the different breeds. I have come up with a plan, consisting of what breeds i'd like to get and how many chickens im able to get. I feel more prepared than ever. I feel as if I live and breathe chickens. Im very confused why my parents say it's not the "right time". And if its not ever tthe "right time" than why let me get so involved and interested into it. Sorry if my rant is to much for some of ya'll, just needed to vent, especially since most my age ain't into Agriculture.
This is exactly happend to me I’m 14 last year after non stop talking about chickens they gave in we started with 8 now I am up to 39 chicken 4 ducks about to get goslings and 19 eggs in the incubator

It is wonderful to see young people passionate about animals and agriculture, and involved in 4-H! I assume you live in a place where chickens are allowed and where neighbors won't object? The first thing you might do is have a calm conversation with your parents and try to understand why they feel like it is not the right time for chickens. Perhaps finances are an issue? Perhaps work or other obligations make new projects seem daunting? Perhaps their objections can be addressed. If it truly is the wrong time, you are being wise to wait. You are involved and learning so much, and you will be an ideal chicken keeper--whether that is sooner or later. :)
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It means a lot.

This is exactly happend to me I’m 14 last year after non stop talking about chickens they gave in we started with 8 now I am up to 39 chicken 4 ducks about to get goslings and 19 eggs in the incubator
Nice sounds like fun! My plan is to get buff orpingtons, because they go broody so much they can hatch out their own chicks. And mu chickens would be self sufficient.

Nice sounds like fun! My plan is to get buff orpingtons, because they go broody so much they can hatch out their own chicks. And mu chickens would be self sufficient.
[/QUOTE
Most of the time because they are from ah there they won’t go broody they breed it out of them

Back
Top Bottom