Parrot Contest CLOSED [currently being judged]

RioLindoAz

Sleeping
13 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Yuma, Arizona
Hello, All!

Welcome to the Parrot contest!

This contest is for all you parrot lovers or for those of you whos best friend is a Beautiful Scarlet Macaw or maybe an African Grey...? Or maybe a lovebird, or a cockatiel? a budgie?
Does it matter?

A parrot person is a nice person.
A parrot person is a loving person.
A parrot person loves to take pictures!

And for that reason...I decieded to make this contest!

This contest started at 4:00 Pacific time October 11 2008.
It will end December 1st 2008

Parrots
Parrots are birds that have curved beaks and with four toes on each foot. Two pointing forward and two projecting backward. Parrots can be kept as pets and most of them can learn how to mimick human speech. Two of the most famous parrots that can be found in almost anyone's home is the budgrigar and the cockatiel.

Rules/Contest Information:
-People viewing the contest are allowed to comment pictures, but please be polite and mature when doing so.
-Pictures with more comments have higher chances of winning
-If there is a picture you don't like, don't give it a bad review, just don't comment it at all.
-When commenting a picture, PLEASE tell us the picture you are reviewing!
-Do not copy any material from this contest with out asking for permission!

If you are entering a type of parrot that can have several different color mutations like cockatiels, budgies, Macaws, lovebirds, etc. please use this entree form:

Parrot species:
Color/ Mutation:

Example:

Parrot species: Lovebird
Color/ Mutation: White-eyed Violet Masket

Indigo's%20Baby%20-%20A%20Violet%20Masked%20Lovebird.JPG

from http://babylovebird.com

If you are entering a type of parrot that is its own species, Just put the type of parrot and the picture.

Thank you, and Have fun!
~Rio_lindo_97

Copyright Rio_lindo_97 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have to enter my baby - but she passed away last March. I am finally starting to get over it a little and am starting to think about adopting another.

She's a U2 (Umbrella cockatoo) and her name was Ophelia. Such a sweetie!

steveandophelia.jpg

Beautiful birds everyone!!!

Here's our cockatiel buddy, Baby. He's about 5 years old. He sings the Andy Griffith Show theme song, say's "poor Baby!" , "Baby's a pretty bird" "good morning" and "Erick! Erick!" (DH's first name). Here he is checking over the new peeps.

Species: Cockatiel
Color/ variation: pied

HPIM2595-1.jpg

Last edited:
I live in Brazil, these two parrots were found at different times abandoned by their parents. Relatives brought them to us, they are very common here.We hand feed them as babies and now are a year and a half old.
Species: Amazon Orange Wing Parrots

Paulie

15359_pa110012.jpg

Lupie

15359_pa110013.jpg

Notice the names are from my wifes favorite movie!

Pretty birds! I'll have to get a picture of my cockateil! She's a cutie. I used to have two, but one got really sick
sad.png
it was sad... My female was supposed to be my brother's but that didn't last long, and now she is a fun bird to have around. She lays eggs quite often... I'm thinking of cooking one up to see what it tastes like...
wink.png
gross. lol

Back
Top Bottom