Partridge cochins? Wassup?

Quote:
My partridge cochin hen (previously pictured) is starting to lay consistantly - bless her heart!!!!

I have given some of her eggs to my neighbor (mainelyseramas) who is an expert at incubating!

I have my fingers crossed that I get chicks from this typey hen!!!!

TADA!!!!

March 31st, 2010

First two chicks from my lovely partridge hen have hatched !!!

PHEW!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
This was a fun post to read- 'cause I ordered 10 birchen cochin bantams, 10 EEs, and 6 partridge rocks. This is my first flock and I ordered them for all the wrong (**but really good**
wink.png
) reasons- cool eggs, cute and friendly, cool feathers!! I am glad I won't be inundated with eggs, really. Not yet, anyhow. I'm hoping for chickens that are friendly to me and the boys, fun eggs when we eat them, and good bug control!!

Here's our partridge cochin rooster Fred, he's large fowl at almost 12 lbs! He is awesome, so laid back, almost lazy, gentle and non-aggressive. I'm getting more purebred partridge cochin chicks this weekend and two of Fred's mixed offspring in the incubator. He's not very amorous right now ...

11594_fredavatar.jpg

11594_023.jpg

Here's a little pullet from my first hatch of eggs from my Partridge Bantam Cochin pair.

7083_petunia_2.jpg

I'm waitng another month or so to see which cockerels and pullets I will keep and which ones I will sell.

Back
Top Bottom