Partridge, Colour

Quote:
Do you think that white would be easer to get into the breed, or i mean create the colour white. in the Hungarin. I think i will wait to do the partge. So you think there are a combination of genes that cause the yellow colour, also if this helps there eggs are never the same thikness. and are not speked but there egg shell is uneven when you canadle them. My guess is that the or some of the same genes that go into diluteing red to yellow is causeing this. i am taking a stab at that one.

Call Ducks,

Producing a white hungarian.

Cross a male white plymouth rock with hungarian females = F1 birds (the birds may be black, barred or other colors)

Cross a male and female from the F1 = F2 one in four of the offspring will be white.

If the F2 do not have the hungarian body type you will have to continue with the following crossings.

Back cross a yellow hungarian male with the F2 white birds.= back cross or BC1 offspring

Cross a male BC1 with the BC1 females = 1 in 4 white hungarian birds with body type like the hungarian

Tim

The birds will be something in between the shape of the rock and the hungarian birds. Yes statistically 1 in 4 should be white. You will have to hatch 10 or more chicks to make sure you get a white bird. You may get 3 out of 10 white or 0 out of 10 white. You never know.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom