Partridge Rocks!!!

heres my partridge boy "clyed"
102_0835.jpg

102_0814.jpg

I LOVE PR's! He's Gorgeous!

I seriously cannot wait to get started. I'm so frustrated by having to leave town in Dec this year so I can't get them in until after!

Ah well, patience... Yeah, not my strong suit.

I'm just pleased not to have to start at ground zero with production birds. It'll be easier with birds already being sorted toward a good standard. You learn a lot sorting out birds but I'll take a step up that ladder where I can get it.

wow thats cool. Our family has vacationed there (Yachats) for at least 40 years. Nice to know they have those breeds available. Maybe time for a chicken related vacation!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Oh I'd totally love to be able to go there! But I'm wayyyyyyy over >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this way from there now. TN is a long way away but I can still get chickens shipped!!!!

I'm really excited about getting a leg up on good solid well bred birds. And a slightly more natural cornish cross is also a good thing, I'm going for it for packing peanuts.

I like finding small hatcheries that are emphasizing good flock basics and the actual standard.

I'm all excited.

The pullets will have the partridge pattern the cocks will not. White on them is a major fault also. It comes in from whatever the hatcheries mixed with them to increase eeg production so should be bred out of your lines.

Quick question...have you seen photos of their stock? I get wary if I don't see photos of their parent stock to judge against the standard.

I'm only worried because a breeder would know that Ameraucana and Araucana are not the same breed.

Back
Top Bottom