Partridge Rocks!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by walkswithdog, Aug 22, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
  2. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    heres my partridge boy "clyed" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I LOVE PR's! He's Gorgeous!

I seriously cannot wait to get started. I'm so frustrated by having to leave town in Dec this year so I can't get them in until after!

Ah well, patience... Yeah, not my strong suit.

I'm just pleased not to have to start at ground zero with production birds. It'll be easier with birds already being sorted toward a good standard. You learn a lot sorting out birds but I'll take a step up that ladder where I can get it.

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Partridge Rocks are very pretty chickens.I have one hen and a roo.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  5. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    thanks

6. Hen Daddy

Hen Daddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    wow thats cool. Our family has vacationed there (Yachats) for at least 40 years. Nice to know they have those breeds available. Maybe time for a chicken related vacation!!! [​IMG]

7. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Quote:Oh I'd totally love to be able to go there! But I'm wayyyyyyy over >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this way from there now. TN is a long way away but I can still get chickens shipped!!!!

I'm really excited about getting a leg up on good solid well bred birds. And a slightly more natural cornish cross is also a good thing, I'm going for it for packing peanuts.

I like finding small hatcheries that are emphasizing good flock basics and the actual standard.

I'm all excited.

8. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    How do you tell the difference between pullets and cockarells

9. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    The pullets will have the partridge pattern the cocks will not. White on them is a major fault also. It comes in from whatever the hatcheries mixed with them to increase eeg production so should be bred out of your lines.

10. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quick question...have you seen photos of their stock? I get wary if I don't see photos of their parent stock to judge against the standard.

I'm only worried because a breeder would know that Ameraucana and Araucana are not the same breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by