Partridge Silkie Roo/What ya think??

i like him.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Bad thing is is that I only have 1 hen and I can't collect enough to sell!

I'm glad I found this thread !!! Jen I love that Roo!!!! He is awsomeee !!!! Have you gotten anymore like him ?? What do you think of this guy ??
53887_imag1001.jpg
He doesn't have a black chest but all toes good spaceing nice comb -- Do you think I'd be alright pareing him with my lighter girl
53887_imag0870a.jpg
Well I'm off to bed . I have to be at work in 5 1/2 hrs . ~~~ Tammy

Quote:
Hey Tam,
I think he looks pretty good!
What color is that girl??? She looks like she might have some porc or something?
Porc partridge maybe??

Quote:
Looks like a partridge to me. To young to sex for sure but on males you will notice a lot more color coming in. The girls seem to stay more brown looking.

I'll have to take some new pictures but I have 5 Blue Partridge babies in a grow out hutch right now and I think I have two definate girls because their crest are solid blue and they have not comb noticable. I also think I have two definate males as well because they have pronounced combs and little crest plus they are more red than the two I'm pretty sure are girls. I have one though I'm unsure of. Her/His crest is inbetween and just blends in with the rest of her/his body. He/She has no noticable comb though so I'm not sure. I'll post pics after bit to show.

Thanks Jen -- I'm not sure about her color , she isn't from any of my breeding . She came from eggs I bought and hatched last fall . When I asked the person I bought them from they said they didn't know . On the egg it was written Lav. Proj. - So I'm pretty sure she has Lav. in her . By her markings in her wings I would guess also partridge . I just don't know enough about genetics , so I'm just going on gut feelings right now as to who to place her with . Would you put her with my guy or should I be looking for another color roo ?? Also here is another question -- I want to put her in the spring poultry show here . Would I just put her in as partridge or do they have to be specific ( blue partridge -- blk breasted partridge ... ) to color of partridge ? As you can tell I've never gotten my feet wet at a show yet . I figure it's time . I'm pretty pleased with my little flock - I'm not sure how we will do but I'll never learn if I don't try right . I wish there was a a little how to book
big_smile.png
~~~ Tammy

Back
Top Bottom