1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pennie1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    that was a reply the BYC table Beth G.
    Yes, may find me there.
    You are not too far either.
    Have a horse friend somewhere close to you too.
    could make a horse/chix weekend out of it.

yes.. .I am out of control. . .really!!

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:LOL Debbi its just the way she was sitting, she was leaning back from my hand, so her hocks were probably near if not touching the stool I had her up on to get her to 'pose' for me a bit.

3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Your too funny!!! Yes I think you should come see your horsie friend and then see your chickie friends here in the CT/MA area [​IMG]

we'd love to have you come chat and hang out for the day! They have usually over 1300 poultry showing and a huge sales area 2-3 times birds for sale.
    Quote:

4. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    I'll have to plan it.
    what are the dates so I don't have to look ??

5. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy, [​IMG] I have a partridge color question, and I knew the best place to go for answers - this thread! I hatched 5 partridge pullets in January from some eggs I bought on BYC - well actually 2 are partridge and 3 are blue partridge. They are all nice but one has extraordinary type (in my opinion - I'm still learning). However, her coloring is different. She has an almost white beard! Does she still qualify as blue partridge? And if paired with a partridge male, will I have a chance at regular partridge-colored offspring?

Here's a pic I took yesterday - her crest is usually much nicer, I had to trim some due to mites (which I finally seem to have beat - yeah!) and all the girls are in various stages of molting.

[​IMG]

6. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:could be splash partrdge or light blue
    i realy like this color
    frount line for dog works great for mites

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  7. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Sorry, I just saw this!!!

The Dates are: Coop in is Saturday Nov. 5th and the Show starts at 9am-5pm Nov 6th.

[​IMG] I'd be soooo excited if you'd come!!!
    Quote:

8. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    Quote:I don't think she would be DQ'd for the beard, just wouldn't do well at shows (I don't think). But she is a beautiful bird. You could possibly get partridge babies from her. Do you know her background at all? Heck, I'd breed her back to blue partridge. Don't know where that beard color came from... Interesting. Maybe someone else will have more of an idea.

9. ScaredOfShadows

I LOVE HER! Breed her to a blue partridge rooster if you have one. OR a regular partridge, with regular partridge you will probably get both blue and reg.

I would think you could show her as a blue partridge, seeing as it is AOV - there is no standard for it, it would be left up to the judge. I ACTUALLY think she is a lavender partridge or has lavender in the background atleast.

10. ScaredOfShadows

Pennie here is Twix and her pantaloons. I think the hocks are an indication shes going to be double coated and really fluffy as he matures out. I think she is going to mature to be a FABULOUS girl [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by