Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Quote:
Thanks
big_smile.png

My parti is super skittish... she runs like a wild lady all around the coop and will not let me hold her. I have only had her a week. Will she get over this?

Quote:
Give her time and patience. She's probably still scared to death. If you can, just get a chair or bucket and sit in there with her so she gets used to you. Try to find special treats for her. It's probably because she wasn't handled a lot so she will be like any other wild animal and you just have to win her over. Move around slowly and speak softly. Every now and then you get one like that, but most of them calm down eventually and turn into awesome pets.

Good luck!!!!
wink.png

Does anyone have some pictures of partridge silkies in their awkward stage because as chicks I posted picture of mine and I was told they looked partridge colored but now i'm not sure they have started to grow out their feathers and most of them look more blue then partridge. Thanks you for any help
smile.png

Quote:
In recent years more and more partridge colored chicks are coming out of blue/splash pens. These chicks still grow up to feather out blue. I don't know why, but I have seen it many times in the past 2 or 3 years, and have had a couple myself.

hello there
would anybody know the results of breeding a large Lavender Ameraucana rooster with a partridge silkie hen?
i want to get the chimpmunk stripes as a result onto the chicks.

when cross-breeding breeds or colors there is no telling the resulting color or looks of the chicks.

Your in Australia, I don't know the size of your silkies there, but if they are smaller I would not try to breed silkie hens to a standard sized rooster, the rooster can easily damage and harm the silkie hens.

Back
Top Bottom