Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Two of our Partridge girls enjoying the sun. :) I wish that more people would breed Partridge but it's a tough color to get correct.

I do! I do!! They are my favorite color by far! I breed partridge silkies and partridge showgirls. Below is a picture of one of my hens with the 8 littles that she hatched out on Mother's day. Plus a pic of my up-and-coming roo, David. He's still a youngster but I'm excited to see what he will produce...

I do! I do!! They are my favorite color by far! I breed partridge silkies and partridge showgirls. Below is a picture of one of my hens with the 8 littles that she hatched out on Mother's day. Plus a pic of my up-and-coming roo, David. He's still a youngster but I'm excited to see what he will produce...

Gorgeous rooster! That is so awesome that your hen had babies hatch on mothers day!

David is really NICE!!!

Hey you guys.....When do the permanent colored feathers come in? How soon can you tell if a little partridge is a girl or boy by their feathers? I think maybe the one on the far upper right might be female because of the more subdued colors, but is the one in the upper middle colored enough to be a boy? These babies were born Easter so are 6 weeks old.

Is this enough color for it to be a boy? Same baby as upper middle above. I thought this was a neat shot of the wing coloring.

Rear view

Silver Partridge? Now silver partridge has the barring and the gray does not, right?

Two that I think are blue partridge.

I have them also in blue (but here comes in easy "autosomale red") and in my opinion the contrast in coulor is less.

yes the body patterns are similar by a columbian restrictor that pushes the black away (yours have even more black in the neck), the concentration of black in mine (which have more black in head and beard) could be provoked by the charcoal gene, as can be seen clearly in this hen :

What do these chickens look like as fresh hatched chicks? Do they have the chipmunk pattern with blue or white undertones? They are gorgeous!

What do these chickens look like as fresh hatched chicks? Do they have the chipmunk pattern with blue or white undertones? They are gorgeous!

The Blue Silver (in this case the rooster) look as this one :

(keep in mind he have a columbian restrictor in him)

The Silver "Quail" chicks look as this one in the first week :

(in this chick is a combination of a columbian restrictor and a melanizer at work)

As you can see on the photos neither of the two chicks have anymore the chipmunk pattern (which are characteristic for the Partridges), this because by the additional genes.

They are adorable! Not what I was expecting at all. :)

You have to know that a columbian restrictor make the chick pattern look darker (no more chipmunk pattern and (almost) no more head pattern :

* a melanizer is said to not darken the chick pattern coloration but in my case it did (look that chick above) I am not sure if it's a dominant or a recessive melanizer !

This is a chick with a double black-pigment diluter (Bl/Bl = Splash) in combination with the restrictor making a chick "completely" white (also in the wingfeathers) !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom