Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

I don't think it's recognized or anything, but Wheaton is a light tan color. Look up "blue wheaton partridge silkie" in images on Google or Yahoo. Do you think that could be it?
I cant seem to find any pictures under "Blue wheaton partridge silkies" but like you said, there's soo many variations of partridge. Maybe this is the best description for her color. Cause i'd say she does look like a silver partridge but in the lighting she has alot of light tans. I am also noticing just within the last week or two that she's getting silver around her neck, that stands out from the rest of her body. I bet she's going to look really unique once she's finished feathering out her true color :)

Look at this page:
http://chookhengefarm.weebly.com/silkie-chickens.html

They have a picture of a Wheaton colored bird and one from a blue wheaton roo. They look very similar to yours!
These do look a little similar but are still alot browner then she actually looks i'd say. She has alot more silver/blue but then is iced with much lighter tans all over her. These ones look alot more brown. Mine look both silver & light tan in different lighting lol. It's so strange to me, i dont know what to call her lol. I wonder how she'll look in a couple mths :)

Newest littles. :)

Hmm this is the first time I've hear of these blue wheatons. I'm wondering of that's what this guy is. I'm thinking that or blue cream/porcelain/whatever it's called. I don't have lavender in my flock though (I know it's recessive and birds can still carry one copy of gene).

I just bought a partridge silkie, but she doesn't have the big poofy top that covers her eyes like I've seen in some of the other pictures here. I've also seen other white silkies etc. that you can see their face, so is she that kind of silkie? I just need to gauge what is normal and healthy for a partridge silkie since this is my first one.

Thanks

I just bought a partridge silkie, but she doesn't have the big poofy top that covers her eyes like I've seen in some of the other pictures here. I've also seen other white silkies etc. that you can see their face, so is she that kind of silkie? I just need to gauge what is normal and healthy for a partridge silkie since this is my first one.

Thanks
It's probably a non-bearded silkie. The tend to have smaller crests and have no beard fluff, and show off the waddles underneith. Bearded silkies are the exrta poofy ones :)

Isn't it bearded and top hatted or just bearded?
I've heard the term top-hatted used most when referring to a large vaulted head..I think the crest could be thick with either variety but tends to be thickest (covering eyes) with the bearded since they are fluffiest all over the face/throat.. like my display pic. She's one of my best looking girls. They are my favorite :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom