Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Beyond ticked to find this thread!! I love our sweet partridge peeps they're absolutely my favorite! We have a sweet partridge sizzle rooster and a sweet blue partridge hen. We lost out other 4 sweet partridge peeps to a predator about a month ago. Our Pyrenees was giving birth and slacking on her protection duties. :-/ after coop renovations we are ready to bulk back up our little flock. I know it's perhaps a long shot, but does anyone ship hens or pullets? I have a paint trio I'm willing to sell to add a few more partridge girls. Coco is so lonely now all her sisters are gone! We are in alabama. I have eggs on their way but would love an older bird or two.
apparently it loaded the pic of the deceased cockerel instead of the hen :-/

Last edited:
Good luck to you. I have been trying to find some partridge silkie hens or pullets for 6 mths now. I have 2 roo's my mom brought to me from Mississippi. They are beautiful, but 2 boys do me no good. I wish I could find someone who needs a Roo, who has hens. Hope you have better luck than I have. : )

Beyond ticked to find this thread!! I love our sweet partridge peeps they're absolutely my favorite! We have a sweet partridge sizzle rooster and a sweet blue partridge hen. We lost out other 4 sweet partridge peeps to a predator about a month ago. Our Pyrenees was giving birth and slacking on her protection duties. :-/ after coop renovations we are ready to bulk back up our little flock. I know it's perhaps a long shot, but does anyone ship hens or pullets? I have a paint trio I'm willing to sell to add a few more partridge girls. Coco is so lonely now all her sisters are gone! We are in alabama. I have eggs on their way but would love an older bird or two. apparently it loaded the pic of the deceased cockerel instead of the hen :-/

The boy I used to have looks very much like the cockerel in your photo. It's amazing the myriad of colors those boys have. My Partridge girl is so plain in comparison to the shiny cockerel's colors. It was funny that one year she sprouted 2 or 3 hard feathers in her tail. She hasn't since.

Beyond ticked to find this thread!! I love our sweet partridge peeps they're absolutely my favorite! We have a sweet partridge sizzle rooster and a sweet blue partridge hen. We lost out other 4 sweet partridge peeps to a predator about a month ago. Our Pyrenees was giving birth and slacking on her protection duties. :-/ after coop renovations we are ready to bulk back up our little flock. I know it's perhaps a long shot, but does anyone ship hens or pullets? I have a paint trio I'm willing to sell to add a few more partridge girls. Coco is so lonely now all her sisters are gone! We are in alabama. I have eggs on their way but would love an older bird or two. apparently it loaded the pic of the deceased cockerel instead of the hen :-/
this why silkies should not free range the do best in coops

My silkie doing what it does best, Being a mother!!. Wish I did not waste my money on an incubator now haha. In this case its raising some Guinea Fowls

Silkies do so much better in a Silkie group. Have you others? The photo looks like there may be another Silkie in the shot? When one of my Silkies goes broody its contagious and the other Silkie will share the nest with her. I understand Dominique bantams are good broodies also and as many as 3 hens will brood a nest together just like Silkies. Of course, Silkies are more popular and easier to obtain but if you can get Dominique bantams they are very sweet and excellent broodies too.

Back
Top Bottom