Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Hi there to you all! New to chickens and to BYC, loving all the pics! This is our roo Pedro, wondering what defines 'partridge' colouring in silkies........and is he considered 'partridge'?

And because this little man is soooo suave, lol, he mated with one of our RIRs, this is the baby.
Appreciate any feedback, thanks so much :)

Hi there to you all! New to chickens and to BYC, loving all the pics! This is our roo Pedro, wondering what defines 'partridge' colouring in silkies........and is he considered 'partridge'?

It seems that that partridge in silkies is somewhat open to interpretation. There are the orange boy and the darker multicolored boys.

I know my orange rooster has had two sons who were dark and one who is orange. I like the dark ones better, but that orange is quite striking.

Father

They are still coloring in. Lots of pin feathers in saddle and hackle right now

Orange

Dark two

There have been a lot of pictures in this thread of some really beautiful roosters

I have not embarked on reading almost 5000 post on partridge silkies (yet), but have seen some striking pictures. I have partridge silkies in a few different colors, 1 very traditional, 1 blue, 1 with whites and greys, 2 very buff... I am not sure what birds to keep, which ones to put together for chicks, etc. It's so daunting that I've almost considered starting over with a solid color...help...

I have one that is similar too. Do you breed them with other grey partridges, blue partridges, traditional partridges? Thanks.

I hatched 11 Silkies today from my BBS pen that has a trio of whites in with it. The white rooster is blue based. I got a very confusing chick. Anyone know what color this might be?

Last edited:
I would love to get this thread going again, am trying to understand partridge silkies better. I have 6 partridge silkies, 1 that is a traditional color Rooster, 1 that is a traditional colored hen, 2 that are a light buff color, 1 that is grey color, and 1 that is blue. If anyone is out there wanting to discuss, I will post pix. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom