Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Yes, it didn't unfortunately she's been at it longer than that, we toss her out everytime we are back there. I am finally seeing her out more often but geez Louise she doesn't even have a roo in with her anymore lol

With a month of brooding and then another up to two months of moulting I can have a Silkie not resume laying up to 6 months later. I don't worry about it any more. Once it's Spring the cycle will start all over again with laying, and then a broody period, and then moulting. These Silkies are adorable and good layers but I wouldn't depend on them for any routine behavior!

Yay we're finally part of the gang
Take a look at our Chipmunky babies
We may only keep one but at this time we are
undecided

let's just speculate that we are not keeping but 1 partridge which one would you keep???
let's just play with the genes in our minds a minute as say these two are boys and the partridge are girls. Which would produce the most interesting offspring?? A slatey gray or a black???

I just thought I'd ask, I looked at the comb areas last night on these chicks with a bright light, and the 2 solids have broad comb spaces where the 2 part. have long slender comb areas...I do not know if this is a tell in gender, but we kinda thought we keep one of each just in case...

My daughter and I plan on selling her chicks from her birds in the spring, to help us fund her braces we're going to have to get in the future...so we wanted the coolest mix...
263a.png

Ok, question... Is it normal for partridge silkies to feather in slower than other types? I have two partridge babies three weeks old and 2 black ones. My two black ones are getting crazy amounts of feathers, but the partridges just have the wings and like four sprouts on their tails and little beginnings of tufts on their heads. This is my first time with silkies so this is all new to me... Any thoughts?

I can't remember how the blues I had feathered in. The "blue" chick I have now was fathered by the partridge rooster so it's only half and it feathered in the same rate as the others.

Ok, question... Is it normal for partridge silkies to feather in slower than other types? I have two partridge babies three weeks old and 2 black ones. My two black ones are getting crazy amounts of feathers, but the partridges just have the wings and like four sprouts on their tails and little beginnings of tufts on their heads. This is my first time with silkies so this is all new to me... Any thoughts?
I haven't really seen a difference..

I don't know about how fast they feathered but my Partridge Silkie female has a denser thicker feel to her feathering where our Black female is less dense and has a delicately softer feel to her feathering.

too cold for us to be messing with silkies they continually got into the tiny space in the quail waterer, the smallest you can buy.
I don't have time to blow dry my own hair much less keep these babies dry. So we sold all this week. Maybe in the spring...

too cold for us to be messing with silkies they continually got into the tiny space in the quail waterer, the smallest you can buy.
I don't have time to blow dry my own hair much less keep these babies dry. So we sold all this week. Maybe in the spring...
Awww. Too bad. I use a rabbit waterer and that keeps my girl nice and dry.

Back
Top Bottom