Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

So here's my lucky charm. I haven't named *her* yet. Im really hoping for a her lol. Annnyway, Im pretty sure she's got partridge marks. She's lighter than any of my other babies were. Any ideas on what she'll look like? If not, that's fine. ^·^ Enjoy!

Heres her back:

Aaand heres her mommy now and as a chick. Ive posted pics of her before:

Finally, here are the two possible dads. This one is full partridge:

And hes a barred rock x silkie (partridge?) mix. Got him from the same place as the suspected mom:

Just for fuuuun here's my lovely Chewy who hatched the eggs and her other 4 chicks. Im guessing they are all at least 3/4 silkie... So maybe I'll get some fluffy ones??

Last edited:
Adorable silkies! I got a silkie or silkie mix hatch today too!

These are my three new chicks and one is hatching right now. The only silkie in the mix is the one furthest to the right. That is Princess's chick and I'm not sure if Dastan my silkie mix is the father or if the rooster I recently gave away, the full silkie, Azul is. I'm hoping Azul just because I liked him so much. Sight and Nat (short for Natalie) are the other two and the little silkies name is Roshashanah (Shani for short). Oh, and the chick hatching is named Snart after Captain Cold (because that egg went cold last night and that is why I put it in the incubator to hatch before returning the chick to its mother).

These are my partridge silkies that I have had for about a month. I was told they are 6 months old hens. I love them, they are so soft!, but I have a couple questions if you guys can help me. The bigger lighter colored one is a jerky lol She picks on the smaller one and when I go to sit with them she like tries to fight me. She walks by me and I pet her and she'll puff up her chest and stretch her neck and peck at me. I gently push her back her up some\ and laugh. It cracks me up but I was wondering if there is away to make her nicer. Also, they have some feathers that like stick together/dirty I was wondering if I should put some loose dirt in there for them so they can dirt bathe??? or if there's some other way.

Back
Top Bottom