Partridge Split genetics question

DMRippy

Pallet Queen
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Nashville
I have crossed a partridge with a splash. I hope I made some splits, I know the genes are 1/2 there. But my bigger question is they all hatched with little tiny head spots.... would that be normal or are my Splash hens hiding something?
he.gif
they were sold to me a SOLID not barred.

I have crossed a partridge with a splash. I hope I made some splits, I know the genes are 1/2 there. But my bigger question is they all hatched with little tiny head spots.... would that be normal or are my Splash hens hiding something?
he.gif
they were sold to me a SOLID not barred.
pics should help alot..

Partridge is not "a" gene; it is a combination of genes. Split is an often misused term; it applies to heterozygous recessive genes. Blue by its nature is heterozygous, and certainly not recessive. Split, by definition, means a genotype that is not seen in the phenotype, because it is a het. .recessive gene.

Partridge is not "a" gene; it is a combination of genes. Split is an often misused term; it applies to heterozygous recessive genes. Blue by its nature is heterozygous, and certainly not recessive. Split, by definition, means a genotype that is not seen in the phenotype, because it is a het. .recessive gene.

I didn't know a better word for what they are. I will know more what they carry when I start breeding them back to the roo. I knew they would be blue. I used splash x black = 100% blue.

Pics

After thinking about it this could not have come from the hens, it is on all the chicks. Just a tiny spot..... what is it? No chipmunk colors on them they are all an even color of blue, most the same med blue and one a little lighter. These are pics of ALL the chicks so not sex linked I wouldn't think.

Anybody got an idea about the head spots? Or am I just going to have to wait till they grow out and see
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom