💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hello!

I was wondering if somehow the BYC moderators could send me some of their business cards for BackYardChickens so I can pass them out to neighbors who are considering backyard chickens, as well as putting them in places like my local bank, library, etc. It's legal where I am.

@DuckLady & @Nifty-Chicken, what do you think?

(I would be promoting BYC! ;))

Those are nice @DuckLady I have been to the store a few times and hadnt seen them.
@cluckmecoop7 BYC has their own promoters and although its a very nice thing you offer making those cards isnt cheap and by them selling them /us buying them we are helping to promote BYC . So much of BYC is by computer and word of mouth .

Just to put things in perspective. I order business cards for my company, they are 4 color, minimal amount of printing, non glossy and they are $18 for a box. BYC has glossy, full color cards, likely printed on both sides (ours are 1 sided) and all of those things add cost, plus someone has to do the paperwork, your credit card has to be processed (this costs the company money for every transaction) and they have to package them for shipping. I'm not sure if shipping is included or not, but, for $3 they are pretty much giving them to you and I'm sure they lose money on every order of them.

You had a good idea, I just wanted to explain the costs so you would understand why they were saying that the price was very reasonable.

Just to put things in perspective. I order business cards for my company, they are 4 color, minimal amount of printing, non glossy and they are $18 for a box. BYC has glossy, full color cards, likely printed on both sides (ours are 1 sided) and all of those things add cost, plus someone has to do the paperwork, your credit card has to be processed (this costs the company money for every transaction) and they have to package them for shipping. I'm not sure if shipping is included or not, but, for $3 they are pretty much giving them to you and I'm sure they lose money on every order of them.

You had a good idea, I just wanted to explain the costs so you would understand why they were saying that the price was very reasonable.
Yup, this. 100% this!

Honestly, I would love to just give them out for free, but if we had them in the store with zero cost, some would unfortunately abuse it. So, we decided to price them in a way that would make them easily accessible for most people to acquire, while also deterring abuse.

Also, we try to add a handful of free ones in each shipped order placed in the store :)

Back
Top Bottom