Pastel Rouen Purity? Updated with Pictures

I bow to the experts on the the genes and such, but why are there no pictures yet?

lol.png

Ok i think i get it now, it helped when i saw the longer version for some reason
roll.png

So Blue fawn is --> m+/m+, Li+/Li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, Bl/bl, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+
And Pastel is --> m+/m+, Li+/Li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, Bl/Bl, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+
& Rouen Clair is--> m+/m+, li+/li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, bl+/bl+, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+

Blue trout Rouen> m+/m+, li+/li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, Bl/bl, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+
Saxony Rouen --> m+/m+, li+/li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, Bl/Bl, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+

So if Say her Rouen is blue Fawn m+/m+, Li+/Li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, Bl/bl, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+ and crosses it with her
Rouen Clair m+/m+, li+/li+, C+/C+, e+/e+, bl+/bl+, D+/D+, Bu+/Bu+, r+/r+, s+/s+

The Result would be 50% being Bl/bl Li/li (blue fawn with hidden light phase gene)
and 50% being bl/bl Li/li (looks wildtype rouen with hidden light phase gene)

Is there a website or something that you know about that i could read so i can learn the different possibilities of genetics, like the different genotypes for the bibbed and not bibbed and not extended black and extended black etc. ?

Last edited:
"Colour Breeding in Domestic Ducks" by Ahtons is a very helpful text & can be sourced from Amazon

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of pictures. Things became swamped and I completely drew a blank on this thread. The sun is actually out today (then freezing rain again for the next four days thereafter - ugh) so I should be able to get pictures of him and the girl later today.

On the plus side, I finally got the last roof on my pens for the winter. We managed to get a bunch of greenhouse plastic to give them a sunroof on the side. No more playing in mud puddles for them
smile.png

And lo, I finally got pictures of the drake and a few other ducks. But forgot to take pictures of the hen. Go figure.

Anyway, here he is. His head is a cobalt/slate blue color - not black.

rouen1.jpg

rouen2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom