Pastey butt or something? Help?!

Quote:
Constipation Danny. And that can be caused by several things, including eating the wrong things, eating too much, not drinking enough water, etc......Pop

One more thing. A good way to encourage chicks to drink more is to turn their water blue or green with food color. Of course it works best in mason jar waterers, but in other types also.

That is some good info, keep that in mind!!
wink.png

Okay I just did this with my RIR and she hated it. I tired to dry her as much as I could but she got pretty wet struggling to get out of my hold. I waited and watched her under the heat lamp and it took about 5 min. Hope it wasn't too cold for her.

The poo came of with a toothbrush. I didn't realize her little poo vent was pushed out like a cone so bad. Hard to see under all the crusty poo.

Then I put paper towels down over the bedding to help reduce how much they were eating of the pine shavings. Bed time now so I hope the chick is still alive in the morning.

Update on the RIR with crusty poo was still alive this mornign but all crusty again. I gave her another bath and found some vasaline to try. Hoping ot go check on her again in a little bit since it been a few hours. She did better in the warm water today.

Back
Top Bottom