I have 3 Calico Princess chicks and all three pullets.. Dora the explorer was the lead 'do everything first' chick. Being inquisitive is no sign it's a male. Here are two of them investigView attachment 2660374ating the kitchen.
They are so cute!! šŸ„°
Ok she might just be showing the others how itā€™s done. Mine are so eager to get out and investigate outside the brooder they walk up and down the length of it looking out at me. Sometimes they sit on top of the plate and chirp at me until I take them out šŸ˜‚ they are very demanding already

They are so cute!! šŸ„°
Ok she might just be showing the others how itā€™s done. Mine are so eager to get out and investigate outside the brooder they walk up and down the length of it looking out at me. Sometimes they sit on top of the plate and chirp at me until I take them out šŸ˜‚ they are very demanding already
Size of the chicks will also depend on the breed of chicken it is. I know of all the hens I have the Bielefelder is the smallest of them, but lays the largest roundest eggs. Go figure.

here are the latest in the brooder, there are 4 Bielefelder chicks in there.. somewhere..can you spot them?
DSC_0588.JPG

Omg look at them! They are adorable. The little white faced ones are so unusual.
Two of the little white faced ones are actually Easter Egger chicks.. They have a lot of white brahma in them... and their mommy has been sitting on eggs the last 20 days.. Guess what I saw this morninggggggggggggg... Muffins her sibling is showing us her butt.. she was on the nest as well, but just to lay an egg, and try and steal some eggs from Snowflake. Then she tried the 'Will you be my mommy bit?'
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

Life is so much fun when you have chickens!

I was thinking about your little pasty butt baby... does the school have a cafeteria? You could have gone there and asked for a little bit of vinegar to put in the chick's water.

Where did you gooooooooooooo??? And where are the chick pics?? Hmmmmmmm? How are your babies doing! Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi sorry I have been so busy with school the last two days. My chicks are doing very well. I tried the apple cider vinegar in the water and my little pasty butt chick is much better. They are getting so big!

Two of the little white faced ones are actually Easter Egger chicks.. They have a lot of white brahma in them... and their mommy has been sitting on eggs the last 20 days.. Guess what I saw this morninggggggggggggg... Muffins her sibling is showing us her butt.. she was on the nest as well, but just to lay an egg, and try and steal some eggs from Snowflake. Then she tried the 'Will you be my mommy bit?'View attachment 2661948View attachment 2661956
Life is so much fun when you have chickens!
Oh wow! Look at that egg!! A little chick ready to come out :) soooo adorable

Around week 3 they are going to start growing like weeds... Sure would love to see some pics. The egg I found under the nesting box after the snake attack finally hatched.. I had brought it inside and stuck it in the incubator to warm back up, then had to move it to a second incubator without rotation since it was so close to hatching... Baby has a beard and feathered legs.
20210512_092236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom