Pasty Butt

TamTam595

Hatching
Mar 15, 2024
I think I accidentally pulled the belly button from the chick while cleaning her pasty butt first time check owner please help.

Is there blood? What's it look like?
A

IMG_4476.jpeg

It was after the pasty butt. If I put her beak in water she will take some water then she shake her head to shake the water off. Brooder has the light clip on my tall desk and they on the floor and only the top side is under the light. My husband dipped her butt in warm water for a while and poo came out. She perked up but know she’s doesn’t look good again. We but her down and she falls to the side.

It was after the pasty butt. If I put her beak in water she will take some water then she shake her head to shake the water off. Brooder has the light clip on my tall desk and they on the floor and only the top side is under the light. My husband dipped her butt in warm water for a while and poo came out. She perked up but know she’s doesn’t look good again. We but her down and she falls to the side.
She could be horribly constipated, try to get her to drink more warm water with a bit of sugar.
And try dipping her in water again.

She may just need some sleep and rest. You know she has eaten to have pasty butt. Make sure the brooder is not to hot and they all have a way to get out of a hot zone.

Back
Top Bottom