Pasty Butt?

Try to get it off. I always put the chick in my left hand with my hand over its top and wings with it's butt poking out between my thumb and forefinger. I hold it close to my tummy, that way the chick doesn't freak out. Seems to work pretty good.

then I get a bowl of warm water with a saturated paper towel and hold the towl against pasty for a minute or two, resaturating every few seconds. Pasties come right off even if they are dried.

Take it off and watch the chicks over the next few days. If it gets dry you will have to moisten a towel with warm water tosoften it up. Don't try to pull it off or the intestines could come with it.

Ooh, okay I'll try! I've already tried several damp tissues and a q-tip. That doesn't work so I'll try that. The one thing is this chick's a little jumper so he's hard to handle. x_x

I had a few with pasty butt the first couple of days.... what worked the best for me was cotton balls & Q-tips w/warm water. For some reason the cotton balls just worked better than anything else. If the PB was bad or really dry/hard I saturated it with the cotton ball, keeping the chick warm and secure in my hand. I used a dry cotton ball to dab-dry and when done put her back under the heat lamp.... worked for me!

Back
Top Bottom