Patches went over the rainbow

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    DH and I had to take our sons 22 year old cat Patches to be put down this morning. She had another series of mini strokes over the weekend and I felt it was time. Of course my son is out training for his next deployment but I did manage to get an email to him. He agreed with me that the time had come. He has had that cat since he was three. She was born at the foot of his bed. I can remember him asking to keep this little calico kitten. Over the years she has been a very good friend. She has nursed many orphan kittens and even tried to nurse our littledog shadows puppies way back when.
    She will be missed. Rest in Peace little Patches you have earned it.

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so sorry. I lost a 17 year old kitty awhile back. It really hurts.

3. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Sorry about your kitty. 22 years, wow that is a long life for a kitty.

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw!! [​IMG] That made me cry! [​IMG] I am so sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    aww. [​IMG] Patches is very loved. [​IMG] when i was 7 we had to put down our cat, who was also 22. my dad had had her since he was around 20 himself. he had saved her from being thrown into a river in a sack, and she was the best cat, Bugs. [​IMG] i still miss her, 8 years later. you'll never forget her, and she'll never forget you, and she'll never leave. [​IMG]

7. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] Oh that's just so sad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by