Patrick

dnkfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 28, 2011
Iva, SC
Patrick's eggs are 2 weeks past the due date...no chicks:( But Patrick won't get up> He had 2 eggs when he started to set on them and there may be 8 now. He has blow flies all around him. I don't know what to do. Just let him set till he decides to give up or try to encourage him to get up. I feel soooo bad for him, I thought about buying a chick and putting with him. Poor Patrick he so wanted to be a daddy
idunno.gif

Aww poor Patrick. I am not an Emu expert, but we had to take the eggs away form our Lucy goose - 35 days had passed and they were starting to smell. We covered the nest with a couple of logs and she checked back several times the first day. After a few days she has rejoined her little goose gaggle and seems to be quite happy to be grazing with them again.

Patrick's eggs are 2 weeks past the due date...no chicks:( But Patrick won't get up> He had 2 eggs when he started to set on them and there may be 8 now. He has blow flies all around him. I don't know what to do. Just let him set till he decides to give up or try to encourage him to get up. I feel soooo bad for him, I thought about buying a chick and putting with him. Poor Patrick he so wanted to be a daddy
idunno.gif

how many days has he been sitting?

you could always pull the eggs one at a time and see if any wiggle.. it could be that it's just taking longer because he's incubating at a lower temp.. most of the local emu boys sit for at least 60 days...

He has been sitting 67 days. I checked him this am @ 7 and nothing BUT my neighbor just called and she said she saw a chick + 7 eggs. A LIVE chick wobbly and Patrick pulled the chick under him when they got closer.
wee.gif
Is there anything I can do for those nasty flies?
Thank you!!

He has been sitting 67 days. I checked him this am @ 7 and nothing BUT my neighbor just called and she said she saw a chick + 7 eggs. A LIVE chick wobbly and Patrick pulled the chick under him when they got closer.
wee.gif
Is there anything I can do for those nasty flies?
Thank you!!
get some of those smelly bag type fly traps... they smell HORRIBLE.. but they work on the flies we have here.. Walmart sells them back in the gardening department

and congrats on the chick!

Back
Top Bottom