1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Paypal Questions

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdBoy88, Jun 25, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey [​IMG]

I have Paypal now. i don't want to buy anything now cuz i have a full bator plus i have eggs ready to hatch.

But i wanted to know something about Paypal before i start useing it

i see on the Paypal account that it says ( paypal money ) < do you have to only have money in your paypal account to order things?

or can you just order stuff and paypal will notify your bank and take the money out?

like ok say i find someone..or... something on a wesite and i want to buy it... if my paypal account says i don't have any money in my paypal account..*But*
    i have money in my bank.. can i still order what i wanted and paypal will just take it out my bank?

2. k0xxx

k0xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    North Central Arkansas
    Paypal will automatically transfer money from your bank account , or a credit card if you want, if you have no money in your account at the time of the transaction.

3. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    as long as you have the bank acct registered with your paypal acct, then yes, that is how it will work!! I have mine setup to come off my credit card, but it will work with bank acct too!! happy shopping [​IMG]

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Whatever account you set up for PayPal to pull from is the one that it's going to withdraw funds from. If you put a bank account, then that's the one. Some people have it set up to pull directly from a credit card. But if you HAVE money in the PayPal account (say you sold something and they paid you via PayPal), then it will withdraw from that balance before hitting up your bank account. You should get an email confirmation from PayPal regarding the withdrawal, but not from your bank or anything. You don't have to do anything special.

5. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    If you don't have $$ in your paypal account they will give you the option of using your credit card or back account to pay for the item.

6. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    You get money into your paypal account when someone pays you with paypal. Then when you make a purchase it will take that money out before it transfers from your bank or cc.

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks everyone [​IMG]

I was sooo confused at first but now i see and know how it works now.

Thanks again [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Just note that there is often a fee deducted when people pay into your Paypal account. I haven't quite figured out when it does and when it doesn't happen, but I've had people send money for things and had less than the full amount credited to my PP account.

Susan

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I didn't read all the responses so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something someone else has already said.

If your paypal account is linked to a credit card then your payment will be automatically transfered from the credit card.

If your paypal account is linked to a checking account then your payment will go through as an "e-check" and can take a few days for processing.

If you make a purchase on ebay and it goes through as an e-check the sender will wait until the e-check clears before sending out your item(s).

Hope this helps.

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    OK, am I understanding this correctly? That if I have paypal that I use to purchase things that someone can pay me using that to buy something from me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by