Pea chicks...Identify please?

Wow that ram sure does have some big horns. I always thought Jacob sheep were pretty cool when I saw them here on the BYC, but I haven't seen a picture of one with horns like that until now. My dad says they look demonic.
tongue.png

Love your peas - I have a yearling pair myself BUT, the Jacob, wow! Totally cool! How are their temperaments? I have a couple Nigi goats that have horns- those that guy has would make them bow down to their ultimate awesomeness!

Yeah, I need dinner- I am rambling. Sorry.
hide.gif

LOL thanks everybody, they have great temperments, only in breeding season will the rams sparr up with eachother. but its controllable, and they are not mean towards me i get right in with this big guy oliver

8420_animals_124.jpg

Here are new pictures of my pied peachick for you deerman...hope they work for you

8420_animals_193.jpg

She or he kept puffing up the neck feathers

8420_animals_199.jpg

8420_animals_201.jpg

8420_animals_196.jpg

This little white kept wanting to show off

8420_animals_191.jpg

Tell me, what characteristics made her able to tell that she is a hen? Im learning still with the peafowl, ide like to get a few more pied chicks from the same source as these, now that i can tell if they are male or female...i will go back for one more hen and one male if i can tell for myself.

Looking at the brown on the peachick you can tell it looks dark and is not very barred. So far I think male peachicks are lighter in color and have lots of barring and the hens lose the barring fairly quickly.

Quote:
Nope, it was warm that day. they fluffed up out of curiousity...the flash of my camera they were not sure what it was. i have fed them medicated chick starter, and scratch grains, cat food and some cinnimon raisin bread a few times a week. all my animals are pretty spoiled
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom