peach split to

pedda munnangi

Songster
7 Years
Feb 19, 2012
Can there be a peach split to purple or cameo male, and a female? If so, What do we get breeding peach split purple male with a purple hen and with a cameo hen?

I really get lost everytime I read about sex-linked colors.

You are not alone my friend.
hugs.gif

That is exactly my question, my friend. Hopkins live stock selling " A pair of Peach split to Purple "- 2012 hatch on UPA classified. I am not questioning knowledgeable peafowl breeders but trying to learn and understand if there exists such a peafowl?. If so can we see some pictures ? What could be its genotype ? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it is possible. Since the peach colour is apparently derived from a combination of purple and cameo, I would think it not possible. I too have seen the ad. I'm not sure of the breeder's intentions either. It could be he is selling birds with double purple and single cameo (males that is). We do understand that a hen cannot be split to any sex-linked colour, so the hen would have to be peach or purple.

Well, I dont question Craigs work, so he would have to be the one to state how he got them .. Maybe coming down from multiple lines. Not sure what the desired purpose was,, maybe just the challenge. I know that I have gotten both Peach and
Cameo from the same breeder pen when useing split males so the way that this gene works still has some surprises. George

from my understanding from aquaeyes earlier thread concerning the creation of peach that peach birds are considered split to both purple and cameo because they carry both genes in order to combine and create peach.

Back
Top Bottom