peachick color help

country_girl011

Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio

2 months old. hatched looking blacksholder. but never got any black.

its not solid colored. it is a creamy white color on the head and belly. and the back is a purply color.
not quite the same as cameo.
but also not a blacksholder.
maybe purple blacksholder?
im stumped.
the trio he came from stumped us.
its a purple hen and a blue male and hen (well appear to be)
I have gotten purple, blue, purple pied, blacksholderr, and then this chick. from them this year.

its not solid colored. it is a creamy white color on the head and belly. and the back is a purply color.
im stumped.
I have gotten purple, blue, purple pied, blacksholderr, and then this chick. from them this year.

Oh no! It sounds like you need an expert to sort this out!

Cameo black-shouldered or Oaten from what you have said about the ones you have gotten and the parents all kinds of colors can hide in those genes
wink.png

Posts like this make me miss deerman terribly
sad.png
He'd know in a heartbeat.

I'm only guessing, but what about Peach BS?

im stumped.

im stumped.
Based on this info I'm gonna go with Purple BS or Purple BS Pied. If you've gotten purple chicks then your male is split to purple, because purple hens will not produce purple without a male that carries it as well. If you've gotten BS chicks then the male and at least 1 hen must be carrying BS, and someone also has a pied gene. So those are my guesses.
big_smile.png

Based on this info I'm gonna go with Purple BS or Purple BS Pied. If you've gotten purple chicks then your male is split to purple, because purple hens will not produce purple without a male that carries it as well. If you've gotten BS chicks then the male and at least 1 hen must be carrying BS, and someone also has a pied gene. So those are my guesses.
big_smile.png
I am going to agree. It does look real peachy but I just cannot see how someone would not know they were selling you anything even split to peach.

Back
Top Bottom