Peachick Color?

msmeower

Songster
7 Years
Feb 25, 2012
Flat Creek, TN
This peachick (in front) hatched from an egg I received on ebay. It has a red tint. The seller has lots of colors and has not been real helpful identifying this color. Any ideas?

Last edited:
It is cute that's for sure! I remember reading somewhere that purple peachicks have a reddish tint. Honestly I have no clue. What other colors did you end up with?

Well maybe it is purple....I texted the seller this pic and they texted back that it was a jade purple. I thought they were pulling my leg...and they could be here on this forum so I apologize for not believing them! LOL. What is a jade purple?
I also got a black shoulder (possibly pied...how do you know if a white chick is pied?) and an IB.

Jade purple? How can it be two colors?

Why don't you just post more pictures of the peachicks you want identified. A white peachick will be yellowish in color with white feathers. Black shoulder peachicks start out being yellow but their feathers will have a cream color to them and eventually get more color. A pied peachick will just have patches of white. If you go to www.leggspeafowl.com and look at their photo gallery then you will see some pictures of their peachicks.

Well, purple is a sex linked color and Jade is, for now only in spaldings . It is possible to have two different colors on the same bird. I don't see a Jade purple yet. It would take a lot of time to build the base to even get close to that . If it was Legg would have it by now ..
yesss.gif
connerhills
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom