peachick...what kind?

Pretty peas
clap.gif

Yep it gets easy when ya raise some up a couple seasons but you got all them different colors to learn with so might take ya a bit longer to see and remember how the started and how they ended, hope you are taking lots of photos, i know i have been and i only have the blue varieties
big_smile.png

I have to figure out a better way of recordkeeping, I am sure that pics will help but I have been noticing that they change so fast. I have three young IBBS cocks that have changed so much I have to study them and their rings to figure out which one they are. Freckles is loosing his spots, NewBoy has eye feathers coming in and he is supposed to be coming two and White Eye, and if Rocky wasn't split to White/Pied I wouldn't know which one he was. Then to top it off the plastic rings come off, and that is how I tell where I got them and how old they are by the color system.
th.gif

I have to figure out a better way of recordkeeping, I am sure that pics will help but I have been noticing that they change so fast. I have three young IBBS cocks that have changed so much I have to study them and their rings to figure out which one they are. Freckles is loosing his spots, NewBoy has eye feathers coming in and he is supposed to be coming two and White Eye, and if Rocky wasn't split to White/Pied I wouldn't know which one he was. Then to top it off the plastic rings come off, and that is how I tell where I got them and how old they are by the color system.
th.gif
Well records are fine but when it is all said and done ya got to live it a couple times for it to sink in, i keep a journal and take lots of photos cause those photos all have a time stamp and i can find them easily for reference if my memory fails me plus i like to play show and tell LOL

Last edited:
Here is my 2%. I posted pics of Prince the other day and said it was Nanu
th.gif

Hopefully this will make it up to you. Nanu is much prettier than Prince and just as big.

Nanu and a Cameo hen......

Nanu and a Cameo cock......

Nanu and both of the above Cameos

You asked for pics of SweePeas breast feathers a while back.

She is getting a lot of color.

In Post # 3 you said " Some say there is a barring, but I haven't seen it on mine yet". In the pictures above I can see the barring on the wings of your Cameo cock and I can see how much more well defined the scalloping is on the Cameo hen's chest. Can you see these differences? Is so, you are on your way.
Nanu is getting a lot of white isn't he? I have a pair of Pied boys I am growing out and I am really liking their markings. I'll have to try to get some pics, one of them is Nanu's brother, but I don't know which, as they hatched under a broody Peahen.
SweePea's chest is a perfect example of that scalloping, it will be present on all barred wing pattern hens no matter the color, just harder to see on the lighter ones like Cameos. Impossible to see on whites, obviously. Pretty girl! They all look great Bill!
love.gif

In Post # 3 you said " Some say there is a barring, but I haven't seen it on mine yet". In the pictures above I can see the barring on the wings of your Cameo cock and I can see how much more well defined the scalloping is on the Cameo hen's chest. Can you see these differences? Is so, you are on your way.
Nanu is getting a lot of white isn't he? I have a pair of Pied boys I am growing out and I am really liking their markings. I'll have to try to get some pics, one of them is Nanu's brother, but I don't know which, as they hatched under a broody Peahen.
SweePea's chest is a perfect example of that scalloping, it will be present on all barred wing pattern hens no matter the color, just harder to see on the lighter ones like Cameos. Impossible to see on whites, obviously. Pretty girl! They all look great Bill!
love.gif

Yea! I passed the audition thanks to Mindy's superior teaching skills and my limited cognitive guessing.
wink.png
I took these pics a couple of days ago so when I went out to look at the birds today armed with my new understanding of what to look for it was too dark and dreary to really see on a moving bird. However looking at the pics, and being able to blow them up it was easier to make a call on what I thought they were although I wasn't sure about the cock. Now that you affirmed that he is a cock the barring jumps out at me, weird, but I just never saw it before.
idunno.gif
I was starting to think I wouldn't get a Cameo cock. Happy dance!

White is popping out all over Nanu. If I am not mistaken he should get even more in the next couple of years?

Any thoughts on a good paring for my Purple hen? I have three young ones so getting another cock is not out of the question. Maybe a Cameo cock and shoot for Peach?

Yea! I passed the audition thanks to Mindy's superior teaching skills and my limited cognitive guessing.
wink.png
I took these pics a couple of days ago so when I went out to look at the birds today armed with my new understanding of what to look for it was too dark and dreary to really see on a moving bird. However looking at the pics, and being able to blow them up it was easier to make a call on what I thought they were although I wasn't sure about the cock. Now that you affirmed that he is a cock the barring jumps out at me, weird, but I just never saw it before.
idunno.gif
I was starting to think I wouldn't get a Cameo cock. Happy dance!

White is popping out all over Nanu. If I am not mistaken he should get even more in the next couple of years?

Any thoughts on a good paring for my Purple hen? I have three young ones so getting another cock is not out of the question. Maybe a Cameo cock and shoot for Peach?

If it were me I would go with a Cameo or Cameo BS male. You get that possibility of Peach, the male will throw Cameo daughters and (I assume) sons that are IB split to either Cameo or Purple and split to BS, if SweePea is split to BS you will get an even bigger variety.

Here is a pic of those Pied boys I mentioned. See anything unusual????

If it were me I would go with a Cameo or Cameo BS male. You get that possibility of Peach, the male will throw Cameo daughters and (I assume) sons that are IB split to either Cameo or Purple and split to BS, if SweePea is split to BS you will get an even bigger variety.

Here is a pic of those Pied boys I mentioned. See anything unusual????

The brown spots on the white feathers? That is unusual, right???

The brown spots on the white feathers? That is unusual, right???

Here's a better picture. I think it has something unusual going on, but maybe others have seen this before. I just know I have never seen it before.
wink.png

Last edited:
Oh! The black. Will be interesting to hear what others have to say about that. The light colored tan areas I have seen on mine, but the brown tips on white feathers and the black area on a pied I haven't seen before, but I'm new, so....

Back
Top Bottom