Peachicks Dying Off

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LoveMyBirds374, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LoveMyBirds374

LoveMyBirds374 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    I've had 2 peachicks out of a surviving 6 die today. I've noticed they've had drooping wings, and I don't want to lose any more. However, I'm getting very confused reading old posts on the subject.

Anyone with a concrete plan on helping these little guys out? Plan on running to the store in the morning.

Thanks so much!!!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I hope your babies are doing better! [​IMG]

I know nothing about peas............could it be cocci??

3. LoveMyBirds374

LoveMyBirds374 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    All my chicks died. One by one their wings began to droop, and despite my efforts to save them, using antibiotics, vitamins and dewormers, they each died.

Their only symptoms appeared to be droopy wings and at some point they stopped drinking. I would love to find out what caused this so I don't have to go through the same thing next year.

Also, my peahen had started wheezing, but she seems to be cured of that, as far as I can tell. I gave her the same treatment as her chicks.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I am so sorry [​IMG]

I wish I had an answer for you.

5. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry. I've never lost a peachick before. I hope you find the answer before you hatch your next clutch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by