Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Awesome!
love.gif

Hatching is in full swing now!
MOF, I now have more eggs than broody hens can handle so I guess I will have to try incubator again.

My first pea chick from my silver pied, Velocity and his Opal WE hens. This is the first year that I have crossed these. Looks like a pied fellow.

Can you have too many peafowl?
hide.gif

Okay, I know it is possible but they have quickly become an addiction so I am selling out of my bantam Cochin projects to keep all the peas. The bad part is the bantam Cochins are easier to house than the peafowl. The pens are huge for the peas! I am wondering how I am going to sell all my peafowl if I want to keep something every year.
th.gif
hit.gif

I have only 5 yearlings, 3 girls (purple, silver pied and pied) and 2 brothers from last years' breeding of Bronze/Opal WE (one is my avatar and the other a silver pied) but only have two 2 yr olds so I hope I am doing well here! LOL

I keep saying I won;t hatch very many but then a lot of eggs have not even developed this year so I think God has taken me by the hand and is letting me have what I need. Or at least see what hatches out that I can sell. So far, nothing has hatched from my new purple boy but he is kinda ragged and it was later spring when I introduced him to the girls.

Back
Top Bottom