Peachicks of 2017, Show Us Your Babies!

Pics
Yesterday's hatch but I took out of the incubator this morning. Both are from my Opal WE pen but I do have a IB pied hen in that pen so I am thinking the white chick is from her.
two Opals - white n pied.jpg

two Opals -#5 n #6.jpg

My first peachick of the season, and he/she is white:

Might be a singleton hatch tho. Two other viable eggs went into the hatcher & aren't showing much promise. Still only day 28, so fingers & toes crossed. If I don't end up with another peachick this weekend, is it a bad idea to put a chicken chick with him? Or would it be better to slip him under a broody peahen?
Congrats! Is the broody on eggs?

Are any of you interested in participating in making a BYC "Other Fowl Calendar"? Unless us peafowl folks start taking pictures I fear it will end up a "Waterfowl Calendar". We need people to commit to buying one, and people that want to submit pictures of "other fowl".

More info here:
Other Poultry Calendar for 2018, anyone?

@Debs Flock

Last edited:
Congrats! Is the broody on eggs?
My peahen is sitting on a single clay chicken egg. I've tried to push her off the nest a few times & collected infertile eggs my other peahen leaves under her, and she just keeps sitting.
IMG_3274.JPG
She's only 2 yrs old, so I have no idea what kind of mother she will be. Other companion options for my solo peachick are 2 week old chicken chicks or 2 week old quail chicks. I'm a little concerned about putting the different species together d/t disease, etc. My next pea egg is not due to hatch until late next week. I wonder if this little chick can wait that long. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom