Peacock Poop

JoyPoole

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
I have about 15 peafowl. They are beautiful. However, we have a tremendous amount of poop on the front porch and back porches. Any suggestions for keeping the birds off the porches. I cannot keep it clean. Thanks for any advice. We have had the birds for about 15 years and I have no solution.

hu.gif

004-3-1-1.jpg

Were do you feed them? Is it some place far from your porch? If you feed them near your porch you might want to feed them further away. Do you ever try using the hose to blast away the poo? I do that a lot for the top of my new nest boxes in their pen. Sometimes they poop on that so when I am watering the plants I just walk over there and blast it off. Maybe if you could find some place to make their new hangout like someplace in the shade with some perches or something. Most of the people I know who have free-range peafowl don't have this problem because their peas would rather explore the woods or stay near and on other bird pens, but never in the front or that close to the house. Also were did you first pen them, was it right next to the house? They might be so used to being near the house that they just stay there...Good luck I hope you can get them to relocate their hangout.
wink.png

Thanks Minifox. We have 60 acres and they like to roost in some trees away from the house and their original roost was away also. We feed them in the back of the house away from the front. They just seem to like to perch on the deck and porches above everything to rule over all the animals. They also like the tables and chairs on our front porch. They are not afraid of the dogs who don't bother them anyway. I just bought a plastic owl to hang on the back deck--I read that might frighten them away from t he deck. Thanks everyone for your help.

Well that is very frustrating...I free-ranged a pair for a month. Their pen was back behind a big tall bush fence and next to the barn. The first day they free-ranged they went to the back porch and the peacock displayed in the flower bed, but after that they were never at the front or back porch. They were always back near the barn or in the bushes, never on the porches.

Back
Top Bottom