Peacock x Chicken hybrid?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by casportpony, Aug 31, 2014.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Just found this thread:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/777160/peacock-x-chicken-hybrid

Any comments?

-Kathy

2. msmolly

msmolly Songster

May 31, 2013
    Gates Mills, OH
    WOW Wow Wow! So cool- is that even possible? I keep wondering if theres a chance the wild Turkey on my property would X with my Peafowl. (We joke that we'll call them Purkey... or Peakeys....
    Has this ever happened? Are there other Peafowl avian crosses? So interesting.

3. There is a site in either Central or South America that has a lot of strange crossings that I ran across a few months ago. I think they did AI to get the job done. If I had more time today I would look for the site, perhaps tomorrow...

4. Monaschicks

Monaschicks Chirping

Jun 23, 2014
    Oh my that is so beautiful. To make it to 8 or 9 years old is amazing. Perfect name.

5. Dany12

Dany12 Songster

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Chicken X Guinea :

[​IMG]

Peacock X Guinea :

[​IMG]

6. Dany12

Dany12 Songster

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Hybrid effect ... hybrid vigor :

[​IMG]

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Crowing

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Yep I have seen that thread before. Pretty strange. I want a peafowl x Ostrich cross so that I can have a big pretty bird to ride around on.[​IMG]

What always amazed me about that cross is how the feathers all look to be the color of a chicken's feathers and even the face looks more chicken but the feather shape looks more peafowl and the size is of course peafowl. I wonder what kind of noises it makes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: