Peacock x Chicken hybrid?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by casportpony, Aug 31, 2014.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Just found this thread:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/777160/peacock-x-chicken-hybrid

Any comments?

-Kathy

2. msmolly

msmolly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2013
    Gates Mills, OH
    WOW Wow Wow! So cool- is that even possible? I keep wondering if theres a chance the wild Turkey on my property would X with my Peafowl. (We joke that we'll call them Purkey... or Peakeys....
    Has this ever happened? Are there other Peafowl avian crosses? So interesting.

3. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

There is a site in either Central or South America that has a lot of strange crossings that I ran across a few months ago. I think they did AI to get the job done. If I had more time today I would look for the site, perhaps tomorrow...

4. Monaschicks

Monaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2014
    Oh my that is so beautiful. To make it to 8 or 9 years old is amazing. Perfect name.

5. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Chicken X Guinea :

[​IMG]

Peacock X Guinea :

[​IMG]

6. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Hybrid effect ... hybrid vigor :

[​IMG]

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Yep I have seen that thread before. Pretty strange. I want a peafowl x Ostrich cross so that I can have a big pretty bird to ride around on.[​IMG]

What always amazed me about that cross is how the feathers all look to be the color of a chicken's feathers and even the face looks more chicken but the feather shape looks more peafowl and the size is of course peafowl. I wonder what kind of noises it makes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by