Peafowl 101: Basic care, genetics, and answers.

My peahen just laid this year's first egg 2 days ago. I'm wondering how often they lay since there was no egg yesterday. She looked as if she wanted to lay one, but I didn't find anything.
hu.gif

here is a picture of the peacock pen I just built.. lots of tree background, so the pic is not real clear.. it is 11 ft wide and 24 feet long and 8 ft high..

I have a peacock and 2 hens in it.. nobody is laying eggs yet..

to enlarge the picture, left click on it..

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in here, but I wanted to suggest that for most questions, pictures, and other pea stuff it might be best to start new threads?
big_smile.png

I think that Peafowl 101 and the other stickies are really supposed to be reference sources and a central location for general information.

I don't see any harm in this thread,, some of us like to talk about our birds etc, more of a personal touch.. one on one communication, and like that..

nobody has to read any of this if they do not wish to,, just don't log in..

This thread *is* supposed to be for reference (although, is there a reason I can no longer edit the original post? I wanted to update it with the answers to some questions and I can't
hmm.png
) and for questions about basic care. For newcomers, it helps to keep this thread clean of 'chatter' or personal stories etc, just makes it easier for those looking for basic care info to find what they need.

OK, it is your thread, you can do whatever you want with it.. I didn't go to page one, I just jumped in here way later and picked up the general banter that was going on..

ETA: I tried to remove all of my offending posts, but they do not disappear..

Last edited:
No harm done :) Maybe you could post that photo (and others? :D ) on the advanced housing thread with some info about it?? That would be awesome!

Kedreeva, this thread discusses why you can't edit an older post on our new software / platform. For these situations, you need to create an article in the learning center under member pages for any permanent information. You can specify other members you wish te be able to edit this, if you want, and you can edit it indefinitely. You could copy and paste the information here into the article. When the article is complete, report the first or second post to us with the red flag in the post, and give us the link to your article, and we will add the link to the first post, if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom