Peafowl 201: Further Genetics- Colors, Patterns, and More

Pics

Not my photo but something I want to breed for. I expect to be close to having the parents in the next 2 years, considering all the birds I have here and having produced and documented what they gave me in the last 4 years bred to different mates. In the next 6 years I should have several coming close to this and think the Bronze are most glorious when looking like this. But then, I am producing a lot of pieds and silver pieds now, too in different varieties

Not my photo but something I want to breed for. I expect to be close to having the parents in the next 2 years, considering all the birds I have here and having produced and documented what they gave me in the last 4 years bred to different mates. In the next 6 years I should have several coming close to this and think the Bronze are most glorious when looking like this. But then, I am producing a lot of pieds and silver pieds now, too in different varieties
OH MY GOSH, I'M IN AWE! I've been following this thread but not reading a lot of it. Sure glad I clicked to see this picture. This pair is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! Do the owners have a website? "No new birds for me" due to my peafowl being pets and won't replace them with others but wonder if I wouldn't break my promise to my husband and build 1 more aviary, LOL!!! Answer is "NO". I have all I can handle but thank goodness we can still dream. This male (and female) are stunning. Would love to enlarge it to size of my screen and print. WOW!!

This is a very stunning Bronze to me, as well. I love this. I will be working on making Bronze pieds that can come close to this. Of course, it took me 3 years to get another kind of pied that I wanted because you never know what you will get from the pieds and silver pieds when they hatch and mature. But the one pictured above is glorious! Mine may never be exactly like that but I will work on getting as close as possible. I have a 10 year goal though I hope to hit on it before then. Just a WE pied would be magnificent! I will try not to go to the extreme of silver pied but I bet it will happen, too.

I don't see a lot of " white eyes" on this bird ... now he is three year old ... the full traine whith white eyes is expected when ?

I don't see a lot of " white eyes" on this bird ... now he is three year old ... the full traine whith white eyes is expected when ?

Thank you Dany, the eyes are just now starting to show and I did not take a close up picture of them. I did blow up one for you to see them a bit better. And of course they show better in person just like that incredible sheen on the hurl is much better in person.

Back
Top Bottom