Peafowl acting abnormal.

birdman5000

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2019
IMG_20191210_174821.jpg
I went out to feed today and am usually greated by a peafowl that is ready to eat. He stayed in his tree. Instead of coming down. I sat some bread by the branch he was on he did not eat it and hopped down ran around the pen like he wanted out and is pooping alot. His grasp on his perches doesn't seem as tight. Eyes and feathers look normal. Weather alternating from 45-60. Any ideas on how to help him? 5yrs old

Last edited:
My tractor supply is out of dewormer. I have pyrantel pamoate for my dogs. I read worms can get to them quickly. Would it be a good idea to give him this tonight and get safeguard at a local supply tomorrow. Or is it unsafe to mix amd match wormers?

Can you put him in a crate for the evening so you can see all of his overnight droppings?
Good idea. Im gonna see how big my dog crate is. I think its 54 inch one. Would it matter if i just cleaned under his perch in his stall or should i put him in the crate and bring him im the garage were its warmer?

Good idea. Im gonna see how big my dog crate is. I think its 54 inch one. Would it matter if i just cleaned under his perch in his stall or should i put him in the crate and bring him im the garage were its warmer?
If he's sick, being in a warmer place will be better for him.

Back
Top Bottom