Peafowl for 2013

Grazcor, if you are asking me, I have a new nova-bator with circulated air and turner
For incubating and am using my little giant to hatch. I have a hydrometer.

Yes the new hova-bator for incubation and move them to a little giant when time comes to stop turning or they pip.

If you need a fan guard you can make your own out of Plastic canvas that you can purchase at any craft supply

Plastic canvas comes in many colors and grid sizes and cost about a dollar a sheet last time i checked and that is enough to do a dozen bators
big_smile.png

My pea chicks are so dry when trying to come out of shell. Humidity stays between 60-69, but feathers look and feel dried out. One is trying to come out now but struggling. I need help to get humidity right for incubating and hatching. Saw a chart saying keep both over 80 then some say between 30-50 for incubation, then 60-70 for hatching. Help, if you have been successful hatching pea chicks in an incubator please help me figure this out. I have two good chicks - an 8 week old and one 2 weeks doing well, butbhave lost about 15 eggs and just started to put the last clutch in on Sunday. I don't want to lose them too.

Back
Top Bottom