Peafowl for 2013

If my chickens would just stop switching nesting boxes, then I am hoping the guinea eggs hatch. Those girls are driving me crazy with all of these musical chairs.
barnie.gif
Believe me i can relate i have tons of broodies all year round not only do they switch nest if one does make it to hatch alot of them continue to sit and leave the hatchlings to fen for themselves.
barnie.gif

Thank you, casportpony, good to know others have same problems. Maybe I take it too hard and must adjust to the fact all will not hatch no matter what I do. 2weeks ago I had one hatch 2days early on the turner and was horrified when I found it so afraid it was hurt, but it is strong, loud and very interested in everything around it. And this morning after all I went through with the pea chick I found the cutest little aracanas in the nest box with our youngest hen. First time for natural hatching. Fowl everywhere. :)

I got my first egg the day before Easter! I always wanted to eat a peafowl egg so I did...For comparison I also ate a regular store bought egg. The peafowl egg had more flavor but that might be because the yolk is so big. I enjoyed it, but as I ate it I couldn't help but think that I was eating a pretty bird egg...So I might stick to the store eggs...

Yesterday I found two eggs...One was in the top dog box and the other was next to my variegated bamboo. My boyfriend really really wants to raise a peachick to be like Peep so now that I have two eggs I will let him pick which one he wants and he can take one of my incubators home with him and hatch out a peachick. When it gets bigger we can move it but when it is little he will keep it at his house so I really hope he will be able to hatch out something! Sometime this week we will have to get one of the eggs and I will help him set up the incubator and write down all he needs to do. I would let him have both eggs, but the reason why Peep turned out so friendly is because he was the only egg that hatched so he was attached to people because he wasn't around other peachicks. If my boyfriend wants one like Peep he should only take one egg. It should be fun. :) His parents are okay with it and so are mine.

Nope I only keep peafowl. I never owned any kind of bird before peafowl and my dad's parents had some small chickens when he was younger but the raccoons ate them all. He also had a pet duck that he hand raised but for some reason his mother killed it and served it for dinner one night. That really upset my Dad so I guess my Dad never really got into birds or was able to nor did my mom so I am sort of the first bird person in the family. My dad knows a lot about birds, he just doesn't keep any. I always loved peafowl since I was little and really wanted them for years. My parents were not sure if they were the pet for me because when I was younger I had two rabbits but it was my dad who ended up having to feed them so my parents were worried I would not be responsible so that is probably why it took so long to convince them. I don't really want chickens but I have thought about maybe having a few exotic pheasants (in particular ones that make cool noises, do neat displays, and are colorful) eventually but that is not something I am interested in getting any time soon. I am only really interested in peafowl.
smile.png

I got my first egg the day before Easter! I always wanted to eat a peafowl egg so I did...For comparison I also ate a regular store bought egg. The peafowl egg had more flavor but that might be because the yolk is so big. I enjoyed it, but as I ate it I couldn't help but think that I was eating a pretty bird egg...So I might stick to the store eggs...

Yesterday I found two eggs...One was in the top dog box and the other was next to my variegated bamboo. My boyfriend really really wants to raise a peachick to be like Peep so now that I have two eggs I will let him pick which one he wants and he can take one of my incubators home with him and hatch out a peachick. When it gets bigger we can move it but when it is little he will keep it at his house so I really hope he will be able to hatch out something! Sometime this week we will have to get one of the eggs and I will help him set up the incubator and write down all he needs to do. I would let him have both eggs, but the reason why Peep turned out so friendly is because he was the only egg that hatched so he was attached to people because he wasn't around other peachicks. If my boyfriend wants one like Peep he should only take one egg. It should be fun. :) His parents are okay with it and so are mine.
Thank you for trying the egg i can't wait to try one myself. Tell your Boyfriend Zaz said good luck, i will be sending hatching vibes

ZAZ how long have you had Peafowl?

MiniFox, I went and had eggs out for Breakfast, and after having Egg's from my Chicken flock the store Eggs were like water and a very pale color. There is nothing like farm fresh eggs, My Only problem is I get 2 Dozen a day and don't know what to do with them all.

I have Chicken eggs, SHould get Turkey Eggs this summer, Guinea Eggs, Pigeon Eggs, Pheseant eggs should come toward end of summer and Next year should get Peafowl eggs.

Back
Top Bottom