Peafowl info/pictures/all things peafowl

@KDOGG331
...I gather you have a plenty of room there...and peas are wonderful, friendly, and gorgeous creatures...perhaps you should consider getting some??? :D

Oddly enough, we're actually in town! But we have almost 3 acres. We were the only house they left when they built the condos/townhouses years and years ago and there's a street behind us with neighbors right on oue backside. So they probably wouldn't appreciate it :p although we could always put them on the front side or in the woods.

We just so happen to live about a mile or so from the town line.

And this particular person with the peafowl just so happens to live on a street that's in between a field/crops for the farmstand and marshy pond/woods and at the end of the road so that's why there's no neighbors :p

This probably isn't making sense so I'll get pictures of the road sometime

lau.gif

Last edited:
Hi,

So I have a quick question about the way the law here is written but I didn't want this thread to ONLY be for that and be boring sooooo..... after it gets answered feel free to post any pictures or peafowl info too cause I find them so pretty
smile.png

But first...

So I decided to look into the laws for quail here just for fun though I probably won't get any and noticed that on the domestic animals list

Here:

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/fish-wildlife-plants/wildlife-as-pets.html

It has this

Peafowl (Blue Peafowl)

Is this just coming from someone who just isn't really educated about peafowl/not realizing there are multiple types or is there something truly different about the other types? Was the blue the first to be domesticated or something? Maybe it's just in case someone knows them as blue/clarification rather than meaning it's truly illegal to have any other color? Surely it's a mistake? Somebody should contact them
tongue.png

Also I was just on another thread before typing this one and noticed some people said if they ban roosters/chickens or noisy animals then they would ban peafowl too or at least not to get them so are peafowl really that noisy or what?

Now for pictures and anything else!
big_smile.png
Blue peafowl refers to the Indian species. Not sure why Green would be banned other than they need more care than the Indian if you're in the Northern states. Also Green peafowl are still wild. It could be the since it's wild you need a permit to have them maybe. Also the only peafowl people really know is the Indian Blue. Not many have even hear of say a Charcoal peafowl. In some areas Whites are considered "rare" though they were one of the first few mutations that came into existence. My guess is it's the lack of education in the lawmakers. I don't see why you could only own Indian Blues. It depends on the circumstances. Peafowl are always loud but not always noisy. My rooster crows more often than all 7 of my peafowl combined during breeding season. They call most often when they are alone but hear something close to the sound they make. If you want to see lots of pictures you can see the Show Off Your Peas thread. Also there's this, http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/

Back
Top Bottom